Monday, September 15, 2008

Whats up what chivalry?

So I have a question for all you single and dating chicks out there, as I seem to be in a major minority with the girls in my group. I am the only gal out there that thinks that guys shouldn't have to pay on the first date?

Go to fullsize image
I understand why guys paid for dinner a couple decades ago, because most women couldn't. But nowadays most women have careers that pay all or most of what a guy does. So why can't girls pay for themselves. I mean, aren't we all trying to be 'modern' women, but I don't see how we can be when guys are still picking up the tab.

I don't have a problem with guys opening the restaurant doors for us, that is just polite.

Whenever a guy pays for me, I feel guilty because I know for the most part he is also a student
with the same money issues, so I don't buy into the antiquated chivalry system.

So do you guys expect men to pay for dinner on dates or do you prefer going dutch?

Cheers!

No comments: