Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Update since I've been a bad PF blogger

Sorry I've been MIA, almost 10 days since I've blogged. I have an excuse though, I have had one of the worst weeks of my life, and I am not exaggerating. Both of my grandparents had medical problems and were sent to the hospital for nearly all of last week, and my grandpa is recovering from a triple bypass (shudder), so if you can think good thoughts for them I'd appreciate it. Besides all that, I just had a string of minor bad luck, my alarm clock didn't go off, I got a bad cold, I banged up my shin, my trash bag broke all over my kitchen floor. Just bad things happening to get me in a horrible mood. Therefore, my finances are slightly off. Two of my three days at work yielded disappointing results and on Friday (my most lucrative day) I had a minor break down and went home. Nothing major, I just couldn't be perky like my job requires and I just wanted to be with my family. All I can say is I am glad my teachers and bosses have been supportive, they all let me make up assignments and helped me catch up.

Anywho...enough about the my issues and on to finances.

I will be slightly behind on my savings this month as I couldn't make as much and my mood affected my spending, so I slightly overused my credit card. Nothing that bad, I will be able to pay it off and still put about $800 in my account, not counting the tips I'll make tomorrow (I'm guessing about $60).

I've made up my October spending list and it goes as such:

Income:
Tips: $1,200
Paychecks: $150
TV paychecks: $60
Sister rent money: $500
=$1,910

Fixed Expenses:
Rent: $640
Phone: $40
Utilities: $60

Fluid Expenses:
Groceries: $140
Dining Out: $120
Music: $10
Amazon: $50
Entertainment: $20

Savings:
SF Move Fund: $1000
SF Vacation fund: $125
Christmas Fund: $75

=$1,715

I'm leaving about $200 in my budget in case I don't make as much as I hope or Amazon crooks his finger at me. I'm hoping I show more self restraint October, because September was filled with presents I bought for myself.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

So sorry to hear about all your bad luck. You'll pull through it. My grandparents are both in the hospital too right now. :( I hope yours are okay.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

*nods* hope things are going well

Amazon is the devil by the way...