Friday, September 19, 2008

Can anyone send this video to the candidates?

Hey ya'll, happy almost weekend. Today I ran across an awesome video on YouTube that anyone who cares the slightest about the national economy should send to the Presidential candidates. It is called "don't buy stuff you can't afford" and it's a clip from Saturday Night Live. It reminded me to register to vote, cross that off my list. Come this election day, I will be one of the huddled voting masses, very patriotic.



On the other hand I just got my new bottle of Sonya Dakaar pimple be-gone (not exact name but I can't be bothered to get up and look at the name). I wonder whether it would work the wonders that other bloggers seem to think it does, fingers crossed.

I also bid on several other ebay items, partly to make up for the longing I have for a J. Crew trench that I want (insert really annoying whining voice).
Wool-cashmere plaza coat
Isn't it pretty...and expensive, only $355 not including s&h. That is only about one sixth of my emergency fund, and I am embarrassed to say that I was really considering it. However, I do have 3 trenches in my closet, one never worn so I cannot really say I need it. Sigh, I hope it will still be there next year (maybe it will go on sale after Christmas).

I also need to figure out what to do with my change jar when it gets filled. I have no idea how much will be in there, probably at least a hundred. I think I may use it for a mini vacation next spring or summer. We have a great resort a block away that I have been wanting to stay at for one night. Just something to look forward to.

For my business writing class we had to find three relevant job ads to tailor our resumes too and I found one advertising a women's blog site wanting writers. I submitted a blog and it should appear on their site next week. So if anyone who enjoys reading my stuff here could check out my stuff their I'd be much obliged.

Other than that, I hope you guys have a great and productive (or relaxing depending on your goals) weekend.

Cheers!

No comments: