Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Oye...

Oye is really the best way to describe my day... Other than being uneventful I woke up sick. When you are healthy it is way to easy to forget how much it sucks to be sick. I woke up with my throat on fire and my head throbbing. Luckily I didn't have to work until 5pm so I had plenty of time to sulk around and make hot tea and toast and read. If I was 12 years old I probably would have enjoyed it because I could have stayed home and have my grandma take care of me but now that I'm all grown up I actually have to get up and face the world.

Thankfully for my body but bad for my wallet, it was dead. I worked from 5pm till 8pm and had three tables, one of which was my younger sister. But those three tables were fruitful. My sis thoughtfully gave me two buck, the other table gave me four (woohoo...) but the last table gave me something like $23, on a $50 order. I'm pretty sure that someone made a mistake, because there was cash on the table as well as credit but I am not complaining! Plus I got my paycheck, which for servers are never all that exciting, but I was not upset by the extra $80.

After I got off I had to run up to CVS to get tissues and my sister got me a california roll at the sushi place next door.

I'm just worried about tomorrow because my boss asked me to work late tomorrow, meaning I'll be there from 10:30am-around 9pm-ish. I just hope that I feel perkier (any idea if that is spelled right?) than I do today.

Cheers!

No comments: