Saturday, August 23, 2008

I don't hate my job, yay me!

You know...I actually don't mind my job (at least at the moment). I just got off a ten hour shift and although I'm glad to be off and my feet hurt, I didn't get that awful 'I just need to get out of here' feeling. The people I work with are really cool for the most part and the customers are mostly regulars so they are friendly and aren't assholes.

I worked two shifts today, one from 11-3pm and made $35. Not terribly impressive but decent. Then I biked to Bank of America to finally deposit my financial aid check and got some cash ($200) for this weekend, then I ran to Wells Fargo to have a meeting with my broker (I feel so grown-up saying that!). Basically I needed to link my bank account to my brokerage so I could transfer funds whenever I want instead of calling him to do it for me. Then I got another savings account so I can better organize for my SF vacation on in a few months.

Then I got to go back to work from 6:30-11pm and was primarily just a serving help, bussing table and cleaning glasses as well as taking a couple tables. I believe that I should be paid maybe $8 an hour and I made $36 in tips.

Image Preview

So I made around $70 in tips and probably another $30 in salary, so it wasn't a bad day, especially as my goal tip amount was $50. So I can put an additional $65 in my bank account tomorrow, meaning I surpassed my goal for this week of $300, I'm very proud.
************************************************************************************
What is currently covered:

Investments: $1000
Electric: $76

What still needs to be covered:

Rent: $140
Credit card: $110
Vacation: $100
Presents: $50-$100
Phone: $40

I'm not sure what my account balance is right now, because I have money that is pending but I should need around $465. I'll count on making about $200 next week and I'm betting on a paycheck of $50, add that $65 that I made today and all I need is $150 and I'll be home free.

I'm sure it'll happen and I am excited to be reaching my absolute goals for this month.

Cheers!

No comments: