Thursday, August 21, 2008

Beer and Prostitutes...

Image Preview

As a server, I love it when customers spend lots of money on drinks and food, but it is just amazing to me how much money people can just drink away. I will add as a disclaimer that I am 20, so I cannot legally drink, and I don't like how alcohol tastes anyways so I just abstain. Even so, it seems ridiculous for one person to drink four or five beers at $5 a pop. Twenty to twenty five bucks just for liquid, jeepers, that is the cost of a big steak or seafood meal.

Sorry for the randomness, my last table was a group of six and between them, they ordered about $100 worth of beer. I received a good 20% tip and they were a good group so I am happy that I had them, but it just seems weird to me.

Anywhoo...I had a decent day at work, it was long because people just came in small spurts so I had a lot of downtime. Downtime that was filled by folding boxes (joy...) and talking to my boss. My conversation begged the question, "what is the difference between a date and a prostitute?" We were talking about a nice restaurant and my boss said that it was the best place to take a date, because he'd always get laid that night.

Now I am no prude but it seems rather hasty to hop in bed with a guy (albeit a hot one) on your first date. Whenever I go n dates, I try and go dutch because it means I don't owe the other person anything, whether you want to admit it or not.

Have any of you had a one night stand? Does a good dinner balance out to sex?

*************************************************************************************
I made about $76, of which $75 is going into the bank tomorrow, meaning I'll be able to put $250 into my account, not including whatever I earn tomorrow, but as I am only serving for about three hours, I doubt I'll make more that $30. I'll then get about 2 1/2 hours to run to 2 banks, one is my Bank of America account, which is my emergency fund and get money to pay for my mall and dinner trips, then I need to run to Wells Fargo to to hopefully talk to my investment guy and put my moolah into my accounts. Then I have the joy of returning to work to be a busser and dishwasher, I'll get a minor tip out, most likely around $14 and an hourly wage.

I'm not sure whether I'll be able to make my monthly goal, I think I'll be at the brink. As of now, I need about $500 to make ends meet, and an additional $150 to meet my maximum goals for the month ($100 for my vacation and $50 for Christmas presents). I have $250 already and I have two paychecks coming in right near the end of the month but I'm not certain whether I should put them to August or September. I'm assuming my last paycheck from my former job will be really small, probably between $50-$100. My paycheck for my current job will be slightly better but still under $150. Most likely I'll use my former job paycheck for this month and save the pizza one for next month.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my accounts will balance, I feel that if I can make this month work, the going will be much easier in the months to come.

Cheers!

No comments: