Monday, August 18, 2008

An Incubator for the Plague

Sick! =[ by Lima Limão.



Last time I posted, I complained of being a bit off the weather. It turns out that I have been lucky enough to have contracted aggravated bronchitis. So after four days of coughing and wheezing, I woke up on Friday with a fever of 102 and no voice. A bad mix for a waitress. I felt horrible but I had to call in to my job. honestly, I am the kind of person that nearly *never* calls in sick, in fact I almost never get sick. So after the painful task was done I passed out for six hours and woke just in time to laboriously pedal my bike to the other end of campus, get my paycheck and stumble in to the campus medical services, where I was promptly told that because of the summer session had closed a half hour early. But apparently I looked (and sounded) bad enough that they rushed me to the waiting room where three nurses took my vitals and told me that I had bronchitis and it was pissed off at me for overworking myself so it may turn to pneumonia.

Just what a student wants to hear...

So I did as they told me, I lay in bed for four days and reread the Harry Potter series (honestly, they are the best sick books ever!) I popped pills and did nothing to exert myself. Good times...

But after a check-up today where I was given an inhaler for my troubled breathing and given the condescending 'rest and relax till you feel better' platitudes, I have been given the thumbs up to go back to work, which I do tomorrow.

I did however get my textbooks, taco's from Chipotle (one of my favorite foods that I hoped would stimulate my appetite) and put my money from last week in the bank.

I was able to put around $560, which was $205 in tips from last week and two smaller paychecks from my two jobs. As of now I can probably put $800 in my investment account, which is ahead of schedule by about one hundred dollars, as I want to save $1000 for this month. This is hampered a bit by my electric bill which was a hefty $79 and a couple overdraft fees that I have no idea how I earned. But the god news is that I am getting what's left of my financial aid check which should be around $2000. I'll probably give around $900 to my grandpa for he pays my health insurance . I'll most likely take one hundred of what is left and have a small shopping spree and put the rest in my emergency fund.

My emergency fund took quite a hit earlier this year when I lost my last serving job and had to live on it as well as an article I sold to a paper. I'm glad that I can start to put money back into that account.

There was my weekend and I hope ya'll had a better one!

Cheers...

No comments: