Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trying to learn the ways of my fore-mothers

Another Monday…I’m not sure whether it is the economy or something else, but it has been rather slow this last week at work. For the amount of people, my tips have been great but there hasn’t been as many customers. It has been a double hit because I am not getting as much money from my sister, one hundred less so that s hurting my budget a bit. I am still able to save quite a bit of money, but I am not able to make my goals yet. Oh well…I am trying to save money in other ways. I went to CVS last night and got a couple needles and thread. I did manage to repair a long rip and although it has a long bumpy scar, (battle wounds) it is now wearable. I am very proud, because I loved that sweater and now I don’t have to replace it. I am also going to try and hem a pair of pants, a it trickier and time consuming but it will give me something to do while watching TV. I am also excited about my next grocery shopping excursion because of all the Fall produce, squash and corn. I’m thinking of getting a pumpkin or two, carving one for Halloween and seeing if I can eat the other. I actually have never tried eating a pumpkin, other than as pie or bread or seeds. We’ll see.
My school had an internship fair last week and I came back very excited. I pitched an idea for a financial column to a smaller paper, and I didn’t get laughed at. I don’t know how likely it will be that little ol’ me will get a financial column considering I’m still figuring it out, but I hope that will be an asset. Instead of lecturing readers, I want to catalogue my experiences and those like me, starting out and confused, and have it be fun, informative and casual. It would be fun, if I get a group of legitimate experts and do a dear PF columnist and find out the answers for people. So my fingers are definitely triple crossed. If I don’t get it, then the editor said I could apply for a summer internship, which I’d love to do. I am hoping my server career ends with this job.
I just finished paying for my winter vacation and I’m already mentally planning out my next one. Give the amount I am saving for my move, I’m not sure if I should, but part of me is saying that I should enjoy the money I save as well as squirreling it away. If I do plan one, it will be a small one near the beginning of next school year, early August. It will also be cheaper because I will only have about 8 months to pay for it, which would be about $1000 to play with.

No comments: