Monday, October 6, 2008

Update on life

October thus far has been financially up and down. I have done well so far in tips but I have been irresponsible financially, though I may not regret it ten years from now. I found a pair of cashmere lined, leather gloves by Coach which I looked up to be about $350, so if they fit and don't look ridiculous will be a purchase that will last. Then I won the J Crew trench coat that I had fallen in love with last month and I found it on ebay for about $60 with shipping, a very classic purchase. If I don't like it then I try and sell them both at Buffalo Exchange. But fingers crossed it won't come down to that.
I made a couple financial goals for the month:
-Have 15 no spend days, I have two so far
-Spend no more online
-Find a PT job that will give me about 10-15 hours a week so I have a buffer in case tips are lacking
-Stop spending so much time watching TV
-Get a library card and read one book a week, I am a book nerd but ever since my sister got a TV I haven't read much
-Cook more meals at home
-Actually do my homework before the day it's due

Some of these aren't intrinsically financial but they are to do with wealth and how I want my future life to be as i am starting to feel irresponsible.

I have been doing well in some areas, like I have been on a Martha Stewart streak. I mean, my apartment is picture perfect (for me anyway) no dirty dishes, no clothes on the floor, bed made. And I have been cooking for the last two days, not just average cooking, I made quarts of soup from scratch (which turned out fabulously I might add). I'm hoping this streak doesn't end.

I did go to the organic grocery store near my house. I got a lot of bulk things to help in my cooking endeavors. I got a pound of lentils and a pound of split peas to make into soup. I got some powdered soy milk which is surprisingly good, some olive oil since my last bottle shattered all over the floor (anyone know how to get oil permanently off the floor, it is still slick and I've been scrubbing forever) some cayenne pepper, dried cranberries and finally, the thing that broke the budget and I now regret, a gallon of raw milk for $12. Let me explain, I am a city girl and I have never even been to a farm, so milk and cows always has held a fascination for me and Ive always wanted to try raw milk. So when I saw the carton I had to splurge. Unfortunately I can't taste a difference. Boo. But it is out of my system.

That is all I can write now, as it is four AM and I have class in six hours.
Cheers

1 comment:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

That sounds luxurious. Cashmere-lined gloves....

I also can't taste the difference between raw and pasteurized milk...